Princeton Architectural Press seeks a full-time Designer to work on a broad range of publishing projects. Primary duties are to support the in-house design and marketing teams at various stages, from research to design to production. Projects include cover and interior layouts, catalogs, invitations, social media and press assets, sales materials, brochures and posters, while also exploring PAPress’ overarching brand and identity. PAPress is a highly collaborative, team-oriented work environment that requires good interpersonal and communication skills, as well as an ability to multitask and take initiative.
This is an opportunity for designers to gain valuable insight into the publishing industry and a better understanding of the process behind our books and stationery products (projects in the fields of art, architecture, design, visual culture, and photography). Ideal applicants for this position have a strong interest in book, publication, identity, or packaging design, along with a degree or background in graphic design.
The position is based in our upstate New York office, in the scenic upstate town of Hudson, occasional commutes to the mid-town Manhattan satellite office may be required.
- Sales and marketing materials for print, email, web, and social media
- Book covers/jackets, book interior layouts, stationery products
- Required Skills
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (web link or PDF under 5mb) to: jobs(at)papress.com with “designer position” in the subject line.
Digital Prepress Coordinator
Princeton Architectural Press is looking for a multi-talented individual who has excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills to work as a Digital Prepress Coordinator in our Hudson, NY office. The applicant should have a working knowledge of book or magazine print production. Experience with InDesign is a plus. The candidate will work closely with design and editorial to troubleshoot files and image problems and to help produce printer-ready files for books. The position requires excellent technical skills as well as artistic sensitivity to the aesthetics of the project. Candidates must have a proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6 on the Macintosh platform.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- four-color retouching and image manipulation of photos and illustrations in Photoshop and Illustrator
- reviewing author art submissions, preparing tests of art and design elements, and reviewing tests and proofs. Recommending revisions to files or requesting replacement files that will eliminate or reduce anticipated print problems
- preflighting and preparing final book files to release to printer
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: jobs(at)papress.com with "Digital Prespress Coordinator" as the subject line.
- Work experience: 1 to 2 years
- Education: BFA or equivalent
- Reports to production director
Princeton Architectural Press is an equal opportunity employer, offering health and dental insurance, a 401K plan, and paid vacations.