The following 28 books have been published in the last 60 days, including what's coming up in the weeks ahead:
1. Local Architecture: Building Place, Craft, and Community, by Brian MacKay-Lyons, Robert McCarter
ISBN 9781616891282, hardcover binding, $50.00 (1/6/2015)
In architecture, as in food, local is an idea whose time has come. Of course, the idea of an architecture that responds to site; draws ...
2. Tutti Frutti : Twelve Colored Pencils, by Louise Fili
ISBN 9781616893378, 12 double-sided pencils, 6 colors, in a shrink-wrapped box binding, $14.95 (02/10/2015)
Inspired by classic Italian packaging and stationery, celebrated designer Louise Fili brings her pencil collection into full color. This fun and stylish set, a companion ...
3. Let's Go Letter Hunting: A Field Guide for Typographic Expeditions, by Friends of Type
ISBN 9781616893552, hardcover, blind deboss, with 1/2 jacket binding, $16.95 (02/19/2015)
Letter hunting, type spotting, font finding--whatever you want to call it--designers, typographers, and handletterers have long taken to the streets for inspiration in the bountiful ...
4. Brodsky & Utkin, by Alexander Brodsky, Ilya Utkin
ISBN 9781616893163, hardcover binding, $50.00 (03/15/2015)
From 1978 to 1993, the renowned Soviet "paper architects" Alexander Brodsky and Ilya Utkin created an incredible collection of elaborate etchings depicting outlandish, often impossible, ...
5. The Cognoscenti's Guide to Florence: Shop and Eat Like a Florentine, by Louise Fili, Lise Apatoff
ISBN 9781616893217, paperback binding, $15.95 (03/15/2015)
Shop and eat like a Florentine with this pocket-sized guide to the best of the magnificent Tuscan city known for its art, culture, and cuisine. ...
6. More Than Words: Illustrated Letters from the Smithsonian's Archives of American Art, by Liza Kirwin
ISBN 9781616893668, paperback binding, $24.95 (03/15/2015)
Our widely celebrated compendium of illustrated letters is now available in paperback. Drawn from the largest repository of artists' papers in the world, More Than ...
7. Hypernatural: Architecture's New Relationship with Nature, by Blaine Brownell, Marc Swackhamer
Series: Architecture Briefs
ISBN 9781616892722, paperback binding, $24.95 (03/15/2015)
Despite the ever-growing sophistication of synthetic and digital tools, it's the natural world that captures the imaginations of today's vanguard designers. By looking to nature ...
8. Lost: Lost and Found Pet Posters from around the World, by Ian Phillips
ISBN 9781616893965, paperback binding, $16.95 (03/15/2015)
Despite all the visual distractions of the digital age, one low-tech form of mass communication remains as popular as ever: the lost pet poster. Stapled ...
9. The Ghost Army of World War Ii: How One Top-Secret Unit Deceived the Enemy with Inflatable Tanks, Sound Effects, and Other Audacious Fakery , by Rick Beyer, Elizabeth Sayles
ISBN 9781616893187, hardcover binding, $40.00 (04/15/2015)
In the summer of 1944, a handpicked group of young GIs that included such future luminaries as Bill Blass, Ellsworth Kelly, Arthur Singer, Victor Dowd, ...
10. The Ladies of Letterpress: A Gallery of Prints with 80 Removable Posters, by Jessica White, Kseniya Thomas
ISBN 9781616892739, paperback binding, $40.00 (04/15/2015)
Who can resist the tactile charm of letterpress? Not many, judging by its ever-rising popularity among artists and designers working with old-school printing methods. The ...
11. Henry Howard: Louisiana's Architect, by Robert Brantley, Victor McGee
ISBN 9781616892784, hardcover binding, $60.00 (04/15/2015)
Few nineteenth-century architects ventured far from the pattern-book styles of their time. One architect not constrained by tradition was the Irish-born American Henry Howard, who ...
12. The Sketchbook Project World Tour, by Steven Peterman, Sara Elands Peterman
ISBN 9781616891688, paperback binding, $30.00 (04/15/2015)
Destined to go down as one of the era's most astonishing global art projects, the Brooklyn Art Library's Sketchbook Project has, in less than a ...
13. Public Natures: Evolutionary Infrastructure, by Marion Weiss, Michael Manfredi
ISBN 9781616893774, hardcover binding, $40.00 (04/15/2015)
As elements of the built landscape, works of infrastructure are a means rather than an end. Our cities' rail lines, bridges, highways, waterways and off-ramps ...
14. Munari's Books, by Giorgio Maffei
ISBN 9781616893866, paperback binding, $40.00 (04/15/2015)
One of the greatest graphic designers of the twentieth century--called by Picasso "the Leonardo of our time"--Italian artist and designer Bruno Munari (1907-1998) considered the ...
15. Local Color: Seeing Place through Watercolor, by Mimi Robinson
ISBN 9781616892975, paperback binding, $19.95 (04/15/2015)
Whenever we first encounter a new place, whether landscape or cityscape, one of the most immediate and powerful sensations comes from its colors, or the ...
16. Keep the Change: A Collector's Tales of Lucky Pennies, Counterfeit C-Notes, and other Curious Currency , by Harvey J. Spiller
ISBN 9781616892562, paperback binding, $19.95 (04/15/2015)
Harley J. Spiller began collecting money at the age of five when, home sick from school, his father tossed him a sack of pennies and ...
17. Designed for the Future: 80 Practical Ideas for a Sustainable World, by Jared Green
ISBN 9781616893002, paperback binding, $24.95 (04/15/2015)
Designed for the Future asks an international roster of eighty architects, landscape architects, urban designers, sustainable designers, policymakers, and writers to answer in five hundred ...
18. Emerging Voices 30: Form, Idea, Resonance
ISBN 9781616891978, hardcover binding, $50.00 (05/05/2015)
The prestigious Emerging Voices award was created in 1982 by The Architectural League of New York to showcase the work of earl- to mid-career North ...
19. Artists Unframed: Snapshots from the Smithsonian's Archives of American Art, by Forresta, Merry A.
ISBN 9781616892951, $24.95 (05/12/2015)
Tucked away among the letters, diaries, and other ephemera in the Smithsonian's archives lies a trove of rarely seen snapshots of some of the twentieth ...
20. The Kitchen Art Studio, by Peter Jenney
Series: Learning to See
ISBN 9781616893651, paperback binding, $12.95 (05/15/2015)
The Kitchen Art Studio turns the old adage "Don't play with your food" on its head by encouraging readers to discover the creative energy hidden ...
21. Unlearning to Draw, by Peter Jenny
Series: Learning to See
ISBN 9781616893736, paperback binding, $12.95 (05/15/2015)
22. Balancing Acts: Three Prima Ballerinas Becoming Mothers, by Lucy Gray
ISBN 9781616892548, hardcover binding, $24.95 (05/15/2015)
There are few jobs more rarefied or as physically and mentally demanding as prima ballerina. And yet, despite very real professional risks, three dancers'from the ...
23. Twenty Over Eighty: Conversations with Legends of Architecture and Design, by Aileen Kwun, Bryn Smith
ISBN 9781616892814, paperback binding, $35.00 (05/15/2015)
Twenty Over Eighty features profiles and interviews with twenty creative professionals over the age of eighty who have dedicated their lifetimes to design. In revealing ...
24. War Plan Red: The United States' Secret Plan to Invade Canada, and Canada's to Invade the U.S., by Kevin LIppert
ISBN 9781616893521, paperback binding, $14.95 (06/15/2015)
It's known as the world's friendliest border. Five thousand miles of unfenced, unwalled international coexistence and a symbol of neighborly goodwill between two great nations: ...
25. Duke University: Campus Guide, Second Edition, by Ken Friedlein, John Pearce
Series: Campus Guides
ISBN 9781616892302, paperback binding, $34.95 (7/7/2015)
The first edition of the Campus Guide showcased Duke s rich architectural heritage, from its founding in 1924 to Horace Trumbauer's masterful design of the ...
26. William Addison Dwiggins: Stencilled Ornament and Illustration: Expanded Edition, by Dorothy Abbe, Bruce Kennett
ISBN 9781616893750, paperback binding, $29.95 (07/15/2015)
There has never been anyone in the design world like William Addison Dwiggins (1880-1956). The first American to call himself a graphic designer, he applied ...
27. MOS: Selected Works, by Michael Meredith, Hilary Sample
ISBN 9781616892463, hardcover binding, $40.00 (07/29/2015)
Their work has been described as experimental, willfully strange, and generally off-kilter, qualities front and center in their recent collection Everything All at Once. In ...
28. Felt: The Soft Revolution, by Helene Renard
ISBN 9781616892807, hardcover binding, $40.00 (08/15/2015)
Felt may be the oldest fabric known to man. Requiring heat, moisture, and pressure, but no weaving, its simple construction and versatility make it ideal ...
Order toll-free at 800.759.0190 | firstname.lastname@example.org