The following 9 books have been published in the last 60 days, including what's coming up in the weeks ahead:
1. Beautiful Users: Designing for People, by Ellen Lupton
ISBN 9781616892913, paperback binding,
In the mid-twentieth century, Henry Dreyfuss, widely considered the father of industrial design, pioneered a user-centered approach to design that focuses on studying people's behaviors ...
2. Come Together: The Rise of Cooperative Art and Design, by Francesco Spampinato
ISBN 9781616892685, paperback binding, $35.00 (11/15/2014)
The past twenty years have seen a new generation of artists working together in small groups and large collectives to explore new avenues of art, ...
3. Melting Away: A Ten-Year Journey through Our Endangered Polar Regions, by Camille Seaman
ISBN 9781616892609, hardcover binding,
For ten years Camille Seaman has documented the rapidly changing landscapes of Earth's polar regions. As an expedition photographer aboard small ships in the Arctic ...
4. Mellon Square: Discovering a Modern Masterpiece, by Susan Rademacher
Series: Modern Landscapes: Transition and Transformation
ISBN 9781616891336, paperback binding, $24.95 (11/18/2014)
The second volume in our Modern Landscapes series examines the evolution of Pittsburgh's first modern garden plaza. Completed in 1955 from a design by the ...
Available for online reading at www.ebrary.com
5. The Buildings and Designs of Andrea Palladio, by Octavio Bertotti Scamozzi
Series: Classic Reprints
ISBN 9781616892647, hardcover binding, $85.00 (11/18/2014)
Andrea Palladio is unquestionably the most important architect in the Western world: his carefully proportioned, pedimented designs are the foundations for most single-family homes and ...
6. Emerging Voices 30: Form, Idea, Resonance
ISBN 9781616891978, hardcover binding, $50.00 (11/25/2014)
The prestigious Emerging Voices Award was created in 1982 by The Architectural League of New York to showcase the work of early to midcareer North ...
7. Local Architecture: Building Place, Craft, and Community, by Brian MacKay-Lyons, Robert McCarter
ISBN 9781616891282, hardcover binding, $50.00 (1/6/2015)
In architecture, as in food, local is an idea whose time has come. Of course, the idea of an architecture that responds to site; draws ...
8. MOS: Selected Works, by Michael Meredith, Hilary Sample
ISBN 9781616892463, hardcover binding, $40.00 (01/15/2015)
Their work has been described as experimental, willfully strange, and generally off-kilter, qualities front and center in their recent collection Everything All at Once. In ...
9. Duke University: Campus Guide, Second Edition, by Ken Friedlein, John Pearce
Series: Campus Guides
ISBN 9781616892302, paperback binding, $34.95 (7/7/2015)
The first edition of the Campus Guide showcased Duke s rich architectural heritage, from its founding in 1924 to Horace Trumbauer's masterful design of the ...
Order toll-free at 800.759.0190 | firstname.lastname@example.org