The following 32 books have been published in the last 60 days, including what's coming up in the weeks ahead:
1. The Cognoscenti's Guide to Florence: Shop and Eat Like a Florentine, by Louise Fili, Lise Apatoff
ISBN 9781616893217, paperback binding, $15.95 (03/03/2015)
Shop and eat like a Florentine with this pocket-sized guide to the best of the magnificent Tuscan city known for its art, culture, and cuisine. ...
2. Inside the Rainbow: Russian Children's Literature 1920-1935: Beautiful Books, Terrible Times, by Julian Rothenstein, Olga Budashevskaya
ISBN 9781616893781, hardcover binding, $35.00 (03/03/2015)
Inside the Rainbow reprints for the first time in English a unique compendium of Soviet-era picture books from the 1920s and 1930s--a high point in ...
3. Lost: Lost and Found Pet Posters from around the World, by Ian Phillips
ISBN 9781616893965, paperback binding, $16.95 (03/10/2015)
Despite all the visual distractions of the digital age, one low-tech form of mass communication remains as popular as ever: the lost pet poster. Stapled ...
4. Balancing Acts: Three Prima Ballerinas Becoming Mothers, by Lucy Gray
ISBN 9781616892548, hardcover binding, $24.95 (03/10/2015)
There are few jobs more rarefied or as physically and mentally demanding as prima ballerina. And yet, despite very real professional risks, three dancers'from the ...
5. More Than Words: Illustrated Letters from the Smithsonian's Archives of American Art, by Liza Kirwin
ISBN 9781616893668, paperback binding, $24.95 (03/10/2015)
Our widely celebrated compendium of illustrated letters is now available in paperback. Drawn from the largest repository of artists' papers in the world, More Than ...
6. Noise: A Lined Journal, by Ed Ruscha
Series: Paper + Goods
ISBN 9781616893620, paperback, with removable sticker binding, $12.95 (03/17/2015)
In the early 1960s, Los Angeles-based artist Ed Ruscha started painting single words or phrases on intensely saturated solid backgrounds, creating a body of work ...
7. Eat Sleep Read: Indiebound Journal Set
Series: Paper + Goods
ISBN 9781616893767, set of 3 notebooks, 64 pages ea., one ruled, one gridded, one plain, paperback with sewn apine binding, $14.95 (03/31/2015)
Eat Sleep Read, Love Your Local, and Peace Love Books: these beloved slogans, from independent bookstore champion IndieBound, are sure to inspire book--and journal--lovers everywhere. ...
8. Keep the Change: A Collector's Tales of Lucky Pennies, Counterfeit C-Notes, and other Curious Currency , by Harley J, Spiller
ISBN 9781616892562, paperback binding, $19.95 (04/15/2015)
Harley J. Spiller began collecting money at the age of five when, home sick from school, his father tossed him a sack of pennies and ...
9. Hypernatural: Architecture's New Relationship with Nature, by Blaine Brownell, Marc Swackhamer
Series: Architecture Briefs
ISBN 9781616892722, paperback binding, $24.95 (04/21/2015)
Despite the ever-growing sophistication of synthetic and digital tools, it's the natural world that captures the imaginations of today's vanguard designers. By looking to nature ...
10. The Ladies of Letterpress: A Gallery of Prints with 80 Removable Posters, by Jessica White, Kseniya Thomas
ISBN 9781616892739, paperback binding, $40.00 (04/21/2015)
Who can resist the tactile charm of letterpress? Not many, judging by its ever-rising popularity among artists and designers working with old-school printing methods. The ...
11. Fredericks & Mae Playing Cards, by Fredericks & Mae
Series: Paper + Goods
ISBN 9781616893590, box with lift-off lid, foil stamping 54 full-color playing cards, 32-page booklet binding, $12.95 (04/21/2015)
12. Designed for the Future: 80 Practical Ideas for a Sustainable World, by Jared Green
ISBN 9781616893002, paperback binding, $24.95 (04/21/2015)
In Designed for the Future, author Jared Green asks eighty of today's most innovative architects, urban planners, landscape architects, journalists, artists, and environmental leaders the ...
13. Local Color: Seeing Place through Watercolor, by Mimi Robinson
ISBN 9781616892975, paperback binding, $19.95 (04/21/2015)
Whenever we first encounter a new place, whether landscape or cityscape, one of the most immediate and powerful sensations comes from its colors, or the ...
14. The Ghost Army of World War Ii: How One Top-Secret Unit Deceived the Enemy with Inflatable Tanks, Sound Effects, and Other Audacious Fakery , by Rick Beyer, Elizabeth Sayles
ISBN 9781616893187, hardcover binding, $40.00 (04/28/2015)
In the summer of 1944, a handpicked group of young GIs that included such future luminaries as Bill Blass, Ellsworth Kelly, Arthur Singer, Victor Dowd, ...
15. Unlearning to Draw, by Peter Jenny
Series: Learning to See
ISBN 9781616893736, paperback binding, $12.95 (05/05/2015)
16. The Kitchen Art Studio, by Peter Jenney
Series: Learning to See
ISBN 9781616893651, paperback binding, $12.95 (05/05/2015)
The Kitchen Art Studio turns the old adage "Don't play with your food" on its head by encouraging readers to discover the creative energy hidden ...
17. The Sketchbook Project World Tour, by Steven Peterman, Sara Elands Peterman
ISBN 9781616891688, paperback binding, $30.00 (05/5/2015)
Destined to go down as one of the era's most astonishing global art projects, the Brooklyn Art Library's Sketchbook Project has, in less than a ...
18. Artists Unframed: Snapshots from the Smithsonian's Archives of American Art, by Foresta, Merry A.
ISBN 9781616892951, $24.95 (05/12/2015)
Tucked away among the letters, diaries, and other ephemera in the Smithsonian's archives lies a trove of rarely seen snapshots of some of the twentieth ...
19. War Plan Red: The United States' Secret Plan to Invade Canada, and Canada's to Invade the U.S., by Kevin LIppert
ISBN 9781616893521, paperback binding, $14.95 (05/26/2015)
It's known as the world's friendliest border. Five thousand miles of unfenced, unwalled international coexistence and a symbol of neighborly goodwill between two great nations: ...
20. Munari's Books, by Giorgio Maffei
ISBN 9781616893866, paperback binding, $40.00 (05/26/2015)
One of the greatest graphic designers of the twentieth century--called by Picasso "the Leonardo of our time"--Italian artist and designer Bruno Munari (1907-1998) considered the ...
21. Henry Howard: Louisiana's Architect, by Robert Brantley, Victor McGee
ISBN 9781616892784, hardcover binding, $60.00 (06/09/2015)
Few nineteenth-century architects ventured far from the pattern-book styles of their time. One architect not constrained by tradition was the Irish-born American Henry Howard, who ...
22. Young Architects 16: Overlay
Series: Young Architects
ISBN 9781616893699, paperback binding, $24.95 (07/07/2015)
The Architectural League Prize is an annual competition, series of lectures, exhibition, and publication organized by the Architectural League of New York. Since 2000 the ...
23. Emerging Voices 30: Form, Idea, Resonance
ISBN 9781616891978, hardcover binding, $55.00 (07/07/2015)
The prestigious Emerging Voices award was created in 1982 by The Architectural League of New York to showcase the work of earl- to mid-career North ...
24. Duke University: Campus Guide, Second Edition, by Ken Friedlein, John Pearce
Series: Campus Guides
ISBN 9781616892302, paperback binding, $34.95 (7/14/2015)
The first edition of the Campus Guide showcased Duke s rich architectural heritage, from its founding in 1924 to Horace Trumbauer's masterful design of the ...
25. Le Corbusier Modulor Rule: An Innovative Tape Measure from the Master of Modern Architecture, by Fondation Le Corbusier
Series: Paper + Goods
ISBN 9781616890607, two-sided fiberglass tape measure 1.5x90 inches, in box with clear lid and accordion-fold booklet binding, $40.00 (07/21/2015)
In the 1940s master architect Le Corbusier developed the Modulor, a universal system of proportion based on the measurements of the human body and the ...
26. Public Natures: Evolutionary Infrastructure, by Weiss/Manfredi
ISBN 9781616893774, hardcover binding, $50.00 (07/21/2015)
As elements of the built landscape, works of infrastructure are a means rather than an end. Our cities' rail lines, bridges, highways, waterways and off-ramps ...
27. William Addison Dwiggins: Stencilled Ornament and Illustration: Expanded Edition, by Dorothy Abbe, Bruce Kennett
ISBN 9781616893750, paperback binding, $29.95 (08/11/2015)
There has never been anyone in the design world like William Addison Dwiggins (1880-1956). The first American to call himself a graphic designer, he applied ...
28. Brodsky & Utkin, by Alexander Brodsky, Ilya Utkin
ISBN 9781616893163, hardcover binding, $50.00 (08/26/2015)
From 1978 to 1993, the renowned Soviet "paper architects" Alexander Brodsky and Ilya Utkin created an incredible collection of elaborate etchings depicting outlandish, often impossible, ...
29. Twenty Over Eighty: Conversations with Legends of Architecture and Design, by Aileen Kwun, Bryn Smith
ISBN 9781616892814, paperback binding, $35.00 (09/01/2015)
Twenty Over Eighty features profiles and interviews with twenty creative professionals over the age of eighty who have dedicated their lifetimes to design. In revealing ...
30. Slow Manifesto: Lebbeus Woods Blog, by Clare Jacobson
ISBN 9781616893347, paperback binding, $29.95 (09/22/2015)
In the fall of 2007, Lebbeus Woods (1940-2012), long admired for his visionary architecture and mastery of drawing, began a blog. Part forum and part ...
31. MOS: Selected Works, by Michael Meredith, Hilary Sample
ISBN 9781616892463, hardcover binding, $40.00 (11/15/2015)
Their work has been described as experimental, willfully strange, and generally off-kilter, qualities front and center in their recent collection Everything All at Once. In ...
32. Felt: The Soft Revolution, by Helene Renard
ISBN 9781616892807, hardcover binding, $40.00 (12/15/2015)
Felt may be the oldest fabric known to man. Requiring heat, moisture, and pressure, but no weaving, its simple construction and versatility make it ideal ...
Order toll-free at 800.759.0190 | email@example.com