The following 26 books have been published in the last 60 days, including what's coming up in the weeks ahead:
1. Drawing in the Sea, by Harriet Russell
ISBN 9781616894184, paperback binding, $18.95 (09/29/2015)
Do you know that water covers nearly 70 percent of the earth and that nearly 70 percent of the human body is made up of ...
2. Vintage Sparkle: 15 Festive Ornaments to Fold, Fill, and Hang
Series: Paper + Goods
ISBN 9781616894337, 15 box ornaments, with strin binding, $18.95 (09/29/2015)
Decorate mantel, tree, tabletop, or even chandelier with these fifteen shimmering ornaments. Vintage Sparkle updates the handcrafted aesthetic of traditional paper holiday ornaments with bold ...
3. William Addison Dwiggins: Stencilled Ornament and Illustration: Expanded Edition, by Dorothy Abbe, Bruce Kennett
ISBN 9781616893750, paperback binding, $29.95 (09/29/2015)
There has never been anyone in the design world like William Addison Dwiggins (1880-1956). The first American to call himself a graphic designer, he applied ...
4. Paper Zoo, by Oscar Sabini
ISBN 9781616894399, concealed wiro binding with die-cut cover binding, $19.95 (10/06/2015)
This ingenious and charming activity book makes it possible for anybody, ages three and up, to create colorful animal collages.Young artists tear apart decorated sheets ...
5. Martin Boyce: When Now is Night, by Martin Boyce
ISBN 9781616894030, paperback binding, $30.00 (10/06/2015)
Best known for his powerful sculptures and installations, Scottish artist Martin Boyce reconfigures everyday elements into alternate realities. Garbage cans are lopsided, trees consist of ...
6. Outside the Box: Hand-Drawn Packaging from Around the World, by Gail Anderson
ISBN 9781616893361, paperback binding, $40.00 (10/06/2015)
In an age of slick, computer-generated type and Photoshopped perfection, hand-drawn packing is enjoying a global resurgence. As shorthand for something more authentic, homegrown, handmade, ...
7. The Kaufmann Mercantile Guide: How to Split Wood, Shuck an Oyster, and Master Other Simple Pleasures, by Alexandra Redgrave, Jessica Hundley
ISBN 9781616893996, hardcover binding, $24.95 (10/06/2015)
Modern living isn't easy. It often requires some know-how our parents didn't pass on, or a special tool. Happily, Kaufmann Mercantile has both, and in ...
8. Inside the Artist's Studio, by Joe Fig
ISBN 9781616893040, paperback binding, $35.00 (10/06/2015)
What was your earliest childhood artwork that received recognition? When did you first consider yourself a professional artist? How has your studio's location influenced your ...
9. Presenting Shakespeare: 1,100 Posters from Around the World, by Steven Heller, Mirko Ilic
ISBN 9781616892920, hardcover binding, $50.00 (10/13/2015)
A skull held aloft, a lovesick donkey, a bloodied dagger: these familiar icons are instantly recognizable shorthand for the plays of William Shakespeare. In the ...
10. Constellation, by Melissa McGill
ISBN 9781616894306, paperback binding, $30.00 (10/13/2015)
Beginning in June 2015, a new constellation rises nightly above a small island in the middle of the Hudson River, sixty miles north of NewYork ...
11. Van Gogh: Meet the Artist!, by Patricia Geis
ISBN 9781616894566, hardcover binding, $24.95 (10/20/2015)
Vincent van Gogh: Meet the Artist! takes young readers of all ages on a colorful, interactive journey through the work of this revered Dutch painter. ...
12. The Smith Tapes, by Ezra Bookstein
ISBN 9781616893835, paperback binding, $24.95 (10/20/2015)
Between 1969 and 1972, Village Voice "Scenes" columnist, WPLJ FM radio host, and cult figure Howard Smith got to the heart of the counterculture through ...
13. Cuba Style: Graphics from the Golden Age of Design, by Steven Heller, Vicki Gold Levi
ISBN 9781568983608, paperback binding, $24.95 (11/1/2015)
To usher in the 100th anniversary of the founding of the national republic of Cuba, Steven Heller and Vicki Gold Levi have collected hundreds of ...
14. Welcome to Marwencol, by Mark Hogancamp, Chris Shellen
ISBN 9781616894153, hardcover binding, $29.95 (11/03/2015)
In April 2000, Mark Hogancamp was beaten and left for dead outside a bar in his hometown of Kingston, NY. Waking from a nine-day coma, ...
15. Art Place Japan: The Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennale and the Vision to Reconnect Art and Nature, by Fram Kitigawa
ISBN 9781616894245, paperback binding, $35.00 (11/03/2015)
Every three years, three hundred square miles of land in northwestern Japan are transformed into the most ambitious and largest-scale art installation in the world: ...
16. The Underdome Guide to Energy Reform, by Janette Kim, Erik Carver
ISBN 9781616893972, paperback binding, $24.95 (11/03/2015)
In a climate crisis, shouldn't every option be on the table? When scientists and politicians declare an emergency, shouldn't we mobilize for one---by overhauling laws, ...
17. Tom Kundig: Works, by Tom Kundig
ISBN 9781616893453, hardcover binding, $65.00 (11/10/2015)
In Tom Kundig: Works, the celebrated Seattle-based architect presents eighteen new projects, from Hawaii to New York City. Kundig's award-winning houses, known for their rugged ...
18. Slow Manifesto: Lebbeus Woods Blog, by Clare Jacobson
ISBN 9781616893347, paperback binding, $29.95 (11/17/2015)
In the fall of 2007, Lebbeus Woods (1940-2012), long admired for his visionary architecture and mastery of drawing, began a blog. Part forum and part ...
19. Bruno Munari: Square Circle Triangle, by Bruno Munari
ISBN 9781616894122, paperback binding, $29.95 (11/17/2015)
In the early 1960s, Italian design legend Bruno Munari published his visual case studies on shapes: Circle, Square, and, a decade later, Triangle. Using examples ...
20. The City That Never Was: Reconsidering the Speculative Nature of Contemporary Urbanization, by Christopher Marcinkoski
ISBN 9781616893903, paperback binding, $35.00 (12/01/2015)
One of the most troubling consequences of the--2008 global financial collapse was the midstream abandonment of several large-scale speculative urban and suburban projects.The resulting scars ...
21. Masterpieces Up Close, by Claire d'Harcourt
ISBN 9781616894146, hardcover binding, $29.95 (12/01/2015)
Masterpieces Up Close is back in print! Once again readers can explore great works of art from the Middle Ages to the twentieth century in ...
22. The Brownstone, by Paula Scher, Stan Mack
ISBN 9781616894283, hardcover binding, $17.95 (12/01/2015)
Living in harmony with your neighbor isn't always easy, but it's doubly difficult if you're a bear living in a New York City brownstone, getting ...
23. Twenty Over Eighty: Conversations with Legends of Architecture and Design, by Aileen Kwun, Bryn Smith
ISBN 9781616892814, paperback binding, $35.00 (12/01/2015)
Twenty Over Eighty features profiles and interviews with twenty creative professionals over the age of eighty who have dedicated their lifetimes to design. In revealing ...
24. Felt: The Soft Revolution, by Helene Renard
ISBN 9781616892807, hardcover binding, $40.00 (12/15/2015)
Felt may be the oldest fabric known to man. Requiring heat, moisture, and pressure, but no weaving, its simple construction and versatility make it ideal ...
25. MOS: Selected Works, by Michael Meredith, Hilary Sample
ISBN 9781616892463, hardcover binding, $40.00 (12/22/2015)
Their work has been described as experimental, willfully strange, and generally off-kilter, qualities front and center in their recent collection Everything All at Once. In ...
26. The Encyclopedia of Antique Carpets: Twenty-Five Centuries of Weaving, by Abraham Levi Moheban, David Moheban
ISBN 9781616893873, hardcover, two-volume set in slipcase binding, $250.00 (12/22/2015)
The Encyclopedia of Antique Carpets catalogs the diverse forms that the art and craft of the handwoven carpet has taken over twenty-five centuries, from the ...
Order toll-free at 800.759.0190 | firstname.lastname@example.org