The following 35 books have been published in the last 60 days, including what's coming up in the weeks ahead:
1. Shadow Type: Classic Three-Dimensional Lettering, by Steven Heller, Louise Fili
ISBN 9781616892043, hardcover binding, $55.00 (10/15/2013)
Designers often look to the past for ways to enliven their projects. Letters with relief and shadow have long been an effective way to add ...
2. The Filmmaker Says: Quotes, Quips, and Words of Wisdom, by Jamie Thompson Stern
ISBN 9781616892203, hardcover binding, $14.95 (10/15/2013)
"No saint, no pope, no general, no sultan, has ever had the power that a filmmaker has; the power to talk to hundreds of millions ...
3. Whiskey, by John Lamond
Series: Instant Expert
ISBN 9781616892166, paperback binding, $16.95 (10/15/2013)
Whisky is an authoritative guide to savoring the world's most elegant and complex spirit to the fullest. Author and Master of Malt John Lamond guides
4. Southern Makers: Food, Design, Craft, and Other Scenes from the Tactile Life, by Jennifer Causey
ISBN 9781616891640, paperback binding, $24.95 (10/15/2013)
In this follow-up to our bestselling Brooklyn Makers, photographer Jennifer Causey returns to her Southern roots to introduce us to a group of ...
5. The Big Picture: America in Panorama, by Josh Sapan
ISBN 9781616891657, hardcover binding, $29.95 (10/15/2013)
At the turn of the twentieth century, photographic technology and an
American culture of optimism and self-celebration combined to create to what Luc Sante calls the ...
6. Shoes, by Linda O'Keefe
Series: Instant Expert
ISBN 9781616892227, paperback binding, $16.95 (10/15/2013)
Shoes celebrates the world's most beautifully made footwear from hand crafted bespoke pieces to the most sought after collections from luxury brands. This unique guide ...
7. Southern Comfort: The Garden District of New Orleans, Revised and Updated Edition, by S. Frederick Starr
ISBN 9781568985466, paperback binding, $35.00 (11/8/2013)
The Garden District epitomizes the beauty and mystery of New Orleans; the stately residences and gardens of this historic area are known worldwide for their ...
8. From Russia With Doubt: The Quest to Authenticate 181 Would-be
Masterpieces of the Russian Avant-Garde, by Adam Lerner
ISBN 9781616891626, paperback binding, $30.00 (11/12/2013)
In 2010 the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver director Adam Lerner did something unheard of in the museum world: he mounted a large exhibition of ...
9. In the City: Drawings by Nigel Peake, by Nigel Peake
ISBN 9781616891541, hardcover binding, $22.95 (11/12/2013)
For the follow up to In the Wilds, his much-loved illustrated ode to rural life, Nigel Peake swaps the bucolic Irish countryside where he ...
10. The Sea Ranch: Fifty Years of Architecture, Landscape, and
Placemaking on the Northern California Coast, by Donlyn Lyndon, Jim Alinder
ISBN 9781616891770, hardcover binding, $65.00 (11/26/2013)
A hundred miles north of San Francisco, the Sonoma County coast meets the Pacific Ocean in a magnificent display of nature. This is the location ...
11. Modern Modular: The Prefab Houses of RESOLUTION 4 ARCHITECTURE, by Joseph Tanney, Robert Luntz
ISBN 9781616890513, paperback binding, $40.00 (12/03/2013)
Prefabricated housing of high design and quality construction has long been an elusive goal for architects, where industry practices, bureaucratic regulations, and cost have always ...
12. Buckminster Fuller: World Man, by Daniel Lopez-Perez
Series: Kassler Lecture Series
ISBN 9781616890940, paperback binding, $21.95 (12/3/2013)
Buckminster Fuller (1895–1983) was one of the most innovative and influential thinkers of the twentieth century. Best known as the inventor of the geodesic dome, ...
13. Jorn Utzon: Drawings and Buildings, by Michael Asgaard Andersen
ISBN 9781616891800, hardcover binding, $60.00 (12/10/2013)
Visionary Danish architect Jorn Utzon was just thirty-eight years old in 1957 when he was named the surprise winner of an international competition to design ...
14. Brown University: The Campus Guide, by Rhinehart, Raymond P.
Series: Campus Guides
ISBN 9781616890735, paperback binding, $34.95 (12/17/2013)
Founded in 1764 as the College of Rhode Island in the town of Warren, Brown University was the seventh in a series of Colonial higher ...
15. American City X: Syracuse After the Master Plan, by Mark Robbins
Series: New City Books (Syracuse)
ISBN 9781616891060, hardcover binding, $29.95 (12/20/2013)
In American City X, editor Mark Robbins, former dean of Syracuse University's School of Architecture, argues that innovative and compelling architecture
can not only enhance the ...
16. Emerging Voices 30: Form, Idea, Resonance
ISBN 9781616891978, hardcover binding, $50.00 (12/24/2013)
The prestigious Emerging Voices Award was created in 1982 by The Architectural League of New York to showcase the work of early to midcareer North ...
17. Materials for Design 2, by Victoria Ballard Bell, Patrick Rand
ISBN 9781616891909, paperback binding, $50.00 (01/07/2014)
As architecture and design programs throughout the world break out of the classroom and adopt the holistic methods of design/build programs, the need
for a textbook ...
18. Alexander Calder: Meet the Artist!, by Patricia Geis
ISBN 9781616892258, hardcover binding, $24.95 (01/15/2014)
No artist can put a smile on your face quicker than Alexander Calder. A sense of playfulness animates all of his work, from his signature ...
19. Pablo Picasso: Meet the Artist!, by Patricia Geis
ISBN 9781616892517, hardcover binding, $24.95 (01/15/2014)
Pablo Picasso: Meet the Artist! takes young readers on an interactive journey through the remarkable life of the legendary Spanish painter. This engaging book ...
20. Conversations on the Hudson: An Englishman bicycles five hundred miles through the Hudson Valley meeting artists and craftspeople along the way, by Nick Hand
ISBN 9781616892241, hardcover binding, $24.95 (01/15/2014)
One spring day in 2012, fresh from his circumnavigation of the British Isles, English designer Nick Hand set off on his bicycle from Brooklyn, New ...
21. Permanent Change: Plastics in Architecture and Engineering
, by Michael Bell, Craig Buckley
ISBN 9781616891664, hardcover binding, $65.00 (01/21/2014)
Almost every industry in the world has benefited from the invention of plastics, but it's only in the recent past that they have begun to ...
22. Abbott Miller: Design and Content, by Abott Miller
ISBN 9781616897262, hardcover binding, $60.00 (02/14/2014)
Abbott Miller: Design and Content is the first monograph on the award-winning graphic designer known for his innovative work at Pentagram, where as a partner ...
23. A Love Letter to the City, by Stephen Powers
ISBN 9781616892081, paperback binding, $24.95 (02/14/2014)
Stretched across city walls and along rooftops, Stephen Powers's colorful large-scale murals sneak up on you. "Open your eyes / I see the sunrise," "If ...
24. Local Architecture: Building Place, Craft, and Community, by Brian MacKay-Lyons, Robert McCarter
ISBN 9781616891282, hardcover binding, $50.00 (02/14/2014)
In architecture, as in food, local is an idea whose time has come. Of course, the idea of an architecture that responds to site; draws ...
25. The Bike Deconstructed: A Grand Tour of the Modern Bicycle, by Richard Hallen
ISBN 9781616892289, paperback binding, $29.95 (02/14/2014)
On first glance, bicycles look pretty straightforward. And yet, even today's most stripped down bicycles can feature as many as two hundred parts, each with ...
26. Bei Jing: Contemporary and Imperial, by Lois Connor, Gerald R. Barme
ISBN 9781616892487, hardcover binding, $50.00 (03/15/2014)
In three decades of visits to China, celebrated photographer Lois Conner has
witnessed firsthand the monumental physical transformation of the country.
Nowhere is this change more dramatic ...
27. The Public Library: A Photographic Essay, by Dawson, Robert
ISBN 9781616892173, hardcover binding, $35.00 (03/15/2014)
Many of us have vivid recollections of childhood visits to a public library: the unmistakable musty scent, the excitement of checking out a stack of ...
28. The Book of Trees: Visualizing Branches of Knowledg, by Manuel Lima
ISBN 9781616892180, hardcover binding, $29.95 (03/15/2014)
Our critically acclaimed bestseller Visual Complexity was the first in-depth examination of the burgeoning field of information visualization. Particularly noteworthy are the numerous historical ...
29. Rural Studio at Twenty: Designing and Building in Hale County, Alabama, by Andrew Freear, Elena Barthel, and Andrea Oppenheimer Dean
ISBN 9781616891534, paperback binding, $40.00 (03/18/2014)
For two decades, the students of Auburn University's Rural Studio have designed and built remarkable houses and community buildings for impoverished residents of Alabama's Hale ...
30. Natural Architecture Now: New Projects from Outside the Boundaries of Design, by Francesco Tatarella
ISBN 9781616891404, paperback binding, $39.95 (04/15/2014)
Our 2007 hit Natural Architecture introduced artists and architects who transform the act of building into a fascinating new art form. Built from humble elements, ...
31. Farming Cuba: Urban Agriculture from the Ground Up, by Carey Clouse
ISBN 9781616892005, paperback binding, $35.00 (04/15/2014)
Following the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s, Cuba found itself solely responsible for feeding a nation that had grown dependent on ...
32. Manhattan Classic: New York's Finest Prewar Architecture, by Geoffrey Lynch
ISBN 9781616891671, hardcover binding, $50.00 (04/15/2014)
The Dakota. The Apthorp. The San Remo. The names of these legendary New York apartment buildings evoke images of marble-lined lobbies, uniformed doormen, and sunlit ...
33. Young Architects 15: Range
Series: Young Architects
ISBN 9781616892395, paperback binding, $24.95 (05/14/2014)
The Architectural League Prize is an annual competition, series of lectures, and exhibition organized by the Architectural League of New York and its Young Architects ...
34. The Landscape Imagination: The Collected Essays of James COrner 1990–2010, by James Corner, Alison Hirsch
ISBN 9781616891459, hardcover binding, $40.00 (05/15/2014)
Over the past two decades, James Corner has reinvented the field of landscape architecture. His highly influential writings of the 1990s, included in our bestselling ...
35. Type on Screen: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Developers, and Students, by Ellen Lupton
ISBN 9781616891701, paperback binding, $24.95 (05/15/2014)
The long awaited follow-up to our all-time bestseller Thinking with Type is here. Type on Screen is the definitive guide to using classic ...
Order toll-free at 800.759.0190 | email@example.com