The following 17 books have been published in the last 60 days, including what's coming up in the weeks ahead:
1. Henry Howard: Louisiana's Architect, by Robert Brantley, Victor McGee
ISBN 9781616892784, hardcover binding, $60.00 (06/09/2015)
Few nineteenth-century architects ventured far from the pattern-book styles of their time. One architect not constrained by tradition was the Irish-born American Henry Howard, who ...
2. Young Architects 16: Overlay
Series: Young Architects
ISBN 9781616893699, paperback binding, $24.95 (07/07/2015)
The Architectural League Prize is an annual competition, series of lectures, exhibition, and publication organized by the Architectural League of New York. Since 2000 the ...
3. Thirty Years of Emerging Voices: Idea, Form, Resonance
ISBN 9781616891978, hardcover binding, $55.00 (07/07/2015)
The prestigious Emerging Voices award was created in 1982 by The Architectural League of New York to showcase the work of early- to mid-career North ...
4. Duke University: Campus Guide, Second Edition, by Ken Friedlein, John Pearce
Series: Campus Guides
ISBN 9781616892302, paperback binding, $34.95 (7/14/2015)
The first edition of the Campus Guide showcased Duke s rich architectural heritage, from its founding in 1924 to Horace Trumbauer's masterful design of the ...
5. Constellation, by Melissa McGill
ISBN 9781616894306, paperback binding, $30.00 (07/15/2015)
Beginning in June 2015, a new constellation rises nightly above a small island in the middle of the Hudson River, sixty miles north of NewYork ...
6. Public Natures: Evolutionary Infrastructure, by Weiss/Manfredi
ISBN 9781616893774, hardcover binding, $50.00 (07/21/2015)
As elements of the built landscape, works of infrastructure are a means rather than an end. Our cities' rail lines, bridges, highways, waterways and off-ramps ...
7. Le Corbusier Modulor Rule: An Innovative Tape Measure from the Master of Modern Architecture, by Fondation Le Corbusier
Series: Paper + Goods
ISBN 9781616890607, two-sided fiberglass tape measure 1.5x90 inches, in box with clear lid and accordion-fold booklet binding, $40.00 (07/21/2015)
In the 1940s master architect Le Corbusier developed the Modulor, a universal system of proportion based on the measurements of the human body and the ...
8. William Addison Dwiggins: Stencilled Ornament and Illustration: Expanded Edition, by Dorothy Abbe, Bruce Kennett
ISBN 9781616893750, paperback binding, $29.95 (08/11/2015)
There has never been anyone in the design world like William Addison Dwiggins (1880-1956). The first American to call himself a graphic designer, he applied ...
9. Brodsky & Utkin, by Alexander Brodsky, Ilya Utkin
ISBN 9781616893163, hardcover binding, $50.00 (08/26/2015)
From 1978 to 1993, the renowned Soviet "paper architects" Alexander Brodsky and Ilya Utkin created an incredible collection of elaborate etchings depicting outlandish, often impossible, ...
10. Twenty Over Eighty: Conversations with Legends of Architecture and Design, by Aileen Kwun, Bryn Smith
ISBN 9781616892814, paperback binding, $35.00 (09/01/2015)
Twenty Over Eighty features profiles and interviews with twenty creative professionals over the age of eighty who have dedicated their lifetimes to design. In revealing ...
11. Art Place Japan: The Echigo-Tsumari Art Triennale and the Vision to Reconnect Art and Nature, by Fram Kitigawa
ISBN 9781616894245, paperback binding, $35.00 (09/05/2015)
Every three years, three hundred square miles of land in northwestern Japan are transformed into the most ambitious and largest-scale art installation in the world: ...
12. Slow Manifesto: Lebbeus Woods Blog, by Clare Jacobson
ISBN 9781616893347, paperback binding, $29.95 (09/22/2015)
In the fall of 2007, Lebbeus Woods (1940-2012), long admired for his visionary architecture and mastery of drawing, began a blog. Part forum and part ...
13. The Dakota: A History of the World's Best-Known Apartment Building, by Andrew Alpern
ISBN 9781616894375, hardcover binding, $55.00 (11/03/2015)
The Dakota is arguably the best-known residential address in the world, home to dozens of New York City‚ÄĘs most famous artists, performers, and successful executives. ...
14. Kaufmann Mercantile: How to Split Wood, Shuck an Oyster, and Master Other Simple Pleasures, by Alexandra Redgrave, Jessica Handley
ISBN 9781616893996, hardcover binding, $24.95 (11/10/2015)
Modern living isn‚Äôt easy. It often seems to require some know-how our parents didn‚Äôt pass on, or a special tool. Happily, Kaufmann Mercantile has both, ...
15. Welcome to Marwencol, by Mark Hogencamp, Chris Shellen
ISBN 9781616894153, hardcover binding, $29.95 (11/10/2015)
In April 2000, Mark Hogancamp was beaten and left for dead outside a bar in his hometown of Kingston, NY.Waking from a nine-day coma, he ...
16. MOS: Selected Works, by Michael Meredith, Hilary Sample
ISBN 9781616892463, hardcover binding, $40.00 (11/15/2015)
Their work has been described as experimental, willfully strange, and generally off-kilter, qualities front and center in their recent collection Everything All at Once. In ...
17. Felt: The Soft Revolution, by Helene Renard
ISBN 9781616892807, hardcover binding, $40.00 (12/15/2015)
Felt may be the oldest fabric known to man. Requiring heat, moisture, and pressure, but no weaving, its simple construction and versatility make it ideal ...
Order toll-free at 800.759.0190 | email@example.com