The following 18 books have been published in the last 60 days, including what's coming up in the weeks ahead:
1. The Kitchen Art Studio, by Peter Jenney
Series: Learning to See
ISBN 9781616893651, paperback binding, $12.95 (05/05/2015)
The Kitchen Art Studio turns the old adage "Don't play with your food" on its head by encouraging readers to discover the creative energy hidden ...
2. The Sketchbook Project World Tour, by Steven Peterman, Sara Elands Peterman
ISBN 9781616891688, paperback binding, $30.00 (05/5/2015)
Destined to go down as one of the era's most astonishing global art projects, the Brooklyn Art Library's Sketchbook Project has, in less than a ...
3. Unlearning to Draw, by Peter Jenny
Series: Learning to See
ISBN 9781616893736, paperback binding, $12.95 (05/05/2015)
4. Artists Unframed: Snapshots from the Smithsonian's Archives of American Art, by Foresta, Merry A.
ISBN 9781616892951, $24.95 (05/12/2015)
Tucked away among the letters, diaries, and other ephemera in the Smithsonian's archives lies a trove of rarely seen snapshots of some of the twentieth ...
5. Munari's Books, by Giorgio Maffei
ISBN 9781616893866, paperback binding, $40.00 (05/26/2015)
One of the greatest graphic designers of the twentieth century--called by Picasso "the Leonardo of our time"--Italian artist and designer Bruno Munari (1907-1998) considered the ...
6. War Plan Red: The United States' Secret Plan to Invade Canada, and Canada's to Invade the U.S., by Kevin LIppert
ISBN 9781616893521, paperback binding, $14.95 (05/26/2015)
It's known as the world's friendliest border. Five thousand miles of unfenced, unwalled international coexistence and a symbol of neighborly goodwill between two great nations: ...
7. Henry Howard: Louisiana's Architect, by Robert Brantley, Victor McGee
ISBN 9781616892784, hardcover binding, $60.00 (06/09/2015)
Few nineteenth-century architects ventured far from the pattern-book styles of their time. One architect not constrained by tradition was the Irish-born American Henry Howard, who ...
8. Thirty Years of Emerging Voices: Idea, Form, Resonance
ISBN 9781616891978, hardcover binding, $55.00 (07/07/2015)
The prestigious Emerging Voices award was created in 1982 by The Architectural League of New York to showcase the work of early- to mid-career North ...
9. Young Architects 16: Overlay
Series: Young Architects
ISBN 9781616893699, paperback binding, $24.95 (07/07/2015)
The Architectural League Prize is an annual competition, series of lectures, exhibition, and publication organized by the Architectural League of New York. Since 2000 the ...
10. Duke University: Campus Guide, Second Edition, by Ken Friedlein, John Pearce
Series: Campus Guides
ISBN 9781616892302, paperback binding, $34.95 (7/14/2015)
The first edition of the Campus Guide showcased Duke s rich architectural heritage, from its founding in 1924 to Horace Trumbauer's masterful design of the ...
11. Public Natures: Evolutionary Infrastructure, by Weiss/Manfredi
ISBN 9781616893774, hardcover binding, $50.00 (07/21/2015)
As elements of the built landscape, works of infrastructure are a means rather than an end. Our cities' rail lines, bridges, highways, waterways and off-ramps ...
12. Le Corbusier Modulor Rule: An Innovative Tape Measure from the Master of Modern Architecture, by Fondation Le Corbusier
Series: Paper + Goods
ISBN 9781616890607, two-sided fiberglass tape measure 1.5x90 inches, in box with clear lid and accordion-fold booklet binding, $40.00 (07/21/2015)
In the 1940s master architect Le Corbusier developed the Modulor, a universal system of proportion based on the measurements of the human body and the ...
13. William Addison Dwiggins: Stencilled Ornament and Illustration: Expanded Edition, by Dorothy Abbe, Bruce Kennett
ISBN 9781616893750, paperback binding, $29.95 (08/11/2015)
There has never been anyone in the design world like William Addison Dwiggins (1880-1956). The first American to call himself a graphic designer, he applied ...
14. Brodsky & Utkin, by Alexander Brodsky, Ilya Utkin
ISBN 9781616893163, hardcover binding, $50.00 (08/26/2015)
From 1978 to 1993, the renowned Soviet "paper architects" Alexander Brodsky and Ilya Utkin created an incredible collection of elaborate etchings depicting outlandish, often impossible, ...
15. Twenty Over Eighty: Conversations with Legends of Architecture and Design, by Aileen Kwun, Bryn Smith
ISBN 9781616892814, paperback binding, $35.00 (09/01/2015)
Twenty Over Eighty features profiles and interviews with twenty creative professionals over the age of eighty who have dedicated their lifetimes to design. In revealing ...
16. Slow Manifesto: Lebbeus Woods Blog, by Clare Jacobson
ISBN 9781616893347, paperback binding, $29.95 (09/22/2015)
In the fall of 2007, Lebbeus Woods (1940-2012), long admired for his visionary architecture and mastery of drawing, began a blog. Part forum and part ...
17. MOS: Selected Works, by Michael Meredith, Hilary Sample
ISBN 9781616892463, hardcover binding, $40.00 (11/15/2015)
Their work has been described as experimental, willfully strange, and generally off-kilter, qualities front and center in their recent collection Everything All at Once. In ...
18. Felt: The Soft Revolution, by Helene Renard
ISBN 9781616892807, hardcover binding, $40.00 (12/15/2015)
Felt may be the oldest fabric known to man. Requiring heat, moisture, and pressure, but no weaving, its simple construction and versatility make it ideal ...
Order toll-free at 800.759.0190 | email@example.com