Digital Prepress Coordinator
Princeton Architectural Press is looking for a multi-talented individual who has excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills to work as a Digital Prepress Coordinator in our Hudson, NY office. The applicant should have a working knowledge of book or magazine print production. Experience with InDesign is a plus. The candidate will work closely with design and editorial to troubleshoot files and image problems and to help produce printer-ready files for books. The position requires excellent technical skills as well as artistic sensitivity to the aesthetics of the project. Candidates must have a proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6 on the Macintosh platform.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- four-color retouching and image manipulation of photos and illustrations in Photoshop and Illustrator
- reviewing author art submissions, preparing tests of art and design elements, and reviewing tests and proofs. Recommending revisions to files or requesting replacement files that will eliminate or reduce anticipated print problems
- preflighting and preparing final book files to release to printer
- Work experience: 1 to 2 years
- Education: BFA or equivalent
- Reports to production director
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: jobs(at)papress.com with "Digital Prespress Coordinator" as the subject line.
Princeton Architectural Press is an equal opportunity employer, offering health and dental insurance, a 401K plan, and paid vacations.