There are 25 books in the subject area: design, typography
1. A View of Early Typography: Up to about 1600, by Harry Carter
ISBN 9780907259213, paperback binding, $35.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
A View of Early Typography has long been regarded as the classic text on the production and use of type in the first 150 years ...
2. Active Literature: Jan Tschichold and New Typography, by Christopher Burke
ISBN 9780907259329, hardcover binding, $75.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
Jan Tschichold (1902-1974) is considered by many to be the most influential typographer of the twentieth century. A leading voice of the modernist movement, Tschichold ...
3. Anthony Froshaug: Typography & Texts / Documents of a Life: Vol 1 and Vol 2, by Robin Kinross
ISBN 9780907259091, paperback binding, $35.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
Presents the work and life of this essential typographer, until now too little known outside the circle of his friends and students. Froshaug was a ...
4. Counterpunch, 2nd edition: Making Type in the Sixteenth Century, Designing Typefaces Now, by Fred Smeijers
ISBN 9780907259428, paperback binding, $35.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
Typography is still dominated by letterforms from the first one hundred years of European printing. What were the processes and attitudes that lie behind these ...
5. Detail in Typography, by Jost Hochuli
ISBN 9780907259343, paperback binding, $25.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
How is it that text can be set perfectly and yet look insufferably dull? How do you achieve perfect congruence between the type itself and ...
6. Dimensional Typography, by J. Abbott Miller
ISBN 9781568980898, paperback binding, $19.95
Today's computer technologies have allowed for the creation of new spaces for typographic communication. This collection of drawings, photographs, and typefaces explores some of the ...
7. Fraktur Mon Amour, by Judith Schalansky
ISBN 9781568988016, hardcover binding,
When was the last time a book on typography made you swoon? Just wait until you feast your eyes on Fraktur Mon Amour, Berlin-based graphic ...
8. Hand Job: A Catalog of Type, by Mike Perry
ISBN 9781568986265, paperback binding, $35.00
In this digital age of computer-generated graphics and typography, it's refreshing to find typographers who still believe in working by hand. No longer relegated to ...
9. Jan Tschichold: A Life in Typography, by Ruari McLean
ISBN 9781568980843, hardcover binding, $21.95
German type and book designer Jan Tschichold (1902-1974) revolutionized modern typography through his bold, asymmetrical designs and use of sanserif typography, both inspired by the ...
10. Karel Martens: Counterprint, by Karel Martens, Carel Kuitenbrouwer, and Paul Elliman
ISBN 9780907259251, paperback binding, $35.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
11. Letter by Letter: An Alphabetical Miscellany, by Laurent Pflughaupt
ISBN 9781568987378, paperback binding, $24.95
Letters are the building blocks of our language, and quite possibly of our consciousness. Written into young minds through constant repetition, letters soon function like ...
12. Modern Typography: An Essay in Critical History, 2nd Ed, by Robin Kinross
ISBN 9780907259183, paperback binding, $27.50 (A Hyphen Press book)
Modern Typography, 2nd Edition is a completely updated and revised edition of Robin Kinross' classic survey of European and North American typography since 1700, ...
13. Modern Typography in Britain: Graphic Design, Politics, and Society, Typography Papers 8, by Stuart Hall, Paul Stiff
Series: Typography Papers
ISBN 9780907259398, paperback binding, $50.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
Typography Papers 8 is a special issue devoted to modernity in British typography. Graphic design in Britain from World War II through the 1970s is ...
14. Paul Renner: The Art of Typography, by Christopher Burke
ISBN 9780907259121, paperback binding, $35.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
German typographer Paul Renner is best known as the designer of the typeface Futura, which stands as a landmark of modern graphic design. This title ...
15. Printed Matter / Drukwerk, by Jaap van Triest, Robin Kinross, and Jaap van Triest
ISBN 9780907259411, paperback binding, $60.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
Upon its publication in 1996, Printed Matter became an instant classic in the world of design publishing. This beautifully designed visual survey of the career ...
16. The Stroke: Theory of Writing, by Gerrit Noordzij
ISBN 9780907259305, paperback binding, $25.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
Appearing for the first time in an English-language edition, The Stroke puts forward a genuine theory of writing--that is, the concepts behind letters on the ...
17. Type Now: A Manifesto, by Fred Smeijers
ISBN 9780907259244, paperback binding, $27.50 (A Hyphen Press book)
With the desktop publishing revolution of the 1980s, typographic design came within the reach of anyone with a home computer. Since that time, we have ...
18. Type Spaces: In-house Norms in the Typography of Aldus Manutius, by Peter Burnhill
ISBN 9780907259190, paperback binding, $35.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
Type Spaces examines pages of books printed and published by Aldus Manutius in Venice around 1500. By measuring the word-spaces, author Peter Burnhill discerns a ...
19. Typeface: Classic Typography for Contemporary Design, by Tamye Riggs
ISBN 9781568988108, paperback binding,
If there is one experience that any graphic designer can relate to, it's the quest for the perfect typeface. The right typeface communicates the visual ...
20. Typographica, by Rick Poynor
ISBN 9781568982984, hardcover binding, $50.00
The magazine Typrographica--brainchild of the founder, editor, designer and renowned typographer Herbert Spencer--had a brief life, a total of 32 issues published between 1949 and ...
21. Typographically Speaking: The Art of Matthew Carter, by Peggy Re
ISBN 9781568984278, paperback binding, $35.00
In a career that has spanned more than forty years, Matthew Carter has designed many of the typefaces that we see every day in and ...
22. Typography Papers 6: The Classical Tradition in Letters, by Nicolete Gray, Giovanni Mardersteig, and James Mosley
Series: Typography Papers
ISBN 9780907259299, paperback binding, $40.00 (A Hyphen Press book)
Typography Papers is an occasional book-length publication from the Department of Typography at the University of Reading (England) with a broad international scope, publishing extended ...
23. Typography Sketchbooks, by Steven Heller, Lita Talarico
ISBN 9781616890377, hardcover binding, $55.00
Typography is an obsession for most designers. It's at the heart of all visual communication and is one of the purest forms of design, one ...
24. Typography Sketchbooks, by Steven Heller, Lito Talarico
ISBN 9781616890421, paperback binding, $40.00
Typography is at the heart of visual communication. Many artists obsess over it as one of the purest forms of design. Now available in paperback, ...
Order toll-free at 800.759.0190 | email@example.com