The Lost Christmas Gift
Publication date 9/19/2012
12 x 10 inches (30.5 x 25.4 cm), Hardcover
40 pages, 60 color illustrations
ADD TO CART
Available for the Kindle at amazon.com.
Published in Fall 2012 to glowing reviews, The Lost Christmas Gift quickly sold through its first printing to become a holiday hit and instant Christmas classic. Andrew Beckham's poignant tale features an exquisite book lovingly handmade by a father to show his son what really happened during an adventure they shared one blizzard Christmas Eve. Sixty years after his father left to be a mapmaker in the war in Europe, Emerson Johansson received a package that had been lost in the mail for decades. A remarkable book, lovingly handmade by his father, details an extraordinary adventure they shared together just months before his departure. Setting out into the mountains on Christmas Eve to cut a tree, they find themselves in a dangerous blizzard. Lost in the snow, they are helped by a mysterious silvery man who does not speak but leaves them a series of gifts that help them find their way home. The enigmatic man's image is not captured in the photographs the boy took with his new camera, pictures he believed, until now, were long lost. Little did he know that his father had taken the photographs with him to the battlefield. Featuring a lively combination of maps, vellum overlays, drawings, watercolors, and photographs, The Lost Christmas Gift faithfully reproduces the mysterious present, lost in the mail for decades, revealing that the silvery man in the woods who helped them get home was, in fact, no stranger, but somebody well-known to us all.
- Appeared on numerous bestseller lists and holiday gift guides'
- "We all fell in love with this book...It's just the perfect book for the season." Heather Duncan, Tattered Cover Book Store, as quoted in the Denver Post
- "Youngsters and adults will appreciate the simple spell this lovely and unusual book casts." School Library Journal
- "I was deeply touched by a most extraordinary new work that is destined to become a yuletide classic."
- "Like me, you will marvel at this tale. And perhaps have a tear in your eye by book's end." San Jose Mercury News "The Lost Christmas Gift is a beauty, a holiday charmer." Albuquerque Journal "Every now and then a holiday book captures the season with cross-generational appeal convincing enough to keep young readers guessing, and memorable enough it might be worth making a holiday tradition." FeltandWire.com
ADD TO CART
Be the first to add your comments about this book!